Search Departments and Offices
Office: Ram's Den
Memorial Union Floor 2
Memorial Union | Map and Directions | Visit Website
Office: URI Recycling Main Office
524 Plains Road, Kingston, RI 02881
Facilities Trailer | Map and Directions | Visit Website
Fax: (401) 874-7832
Office: Research and Economic Development
Carlotti Administration Suite 001
75 Lower College Road, Kingston, RI 02881
Carlotti Administration | Map and Directions | Visit Website
Fax: (401) 789-8340
Office: Graduate School of Oceanography (GSO) - Rhode Island Sea Grant
Ocean Technology Center Building - GSO
215 South Ferry Road, Narragansett, RI 02882-1197, USA
Ocean Technology Center Building - GSO | Map and Directions | Visit Website
Fax: (401) 874-4608
Office: Robert L. Carothers Library & Learning Commons
Robert L. Carothers Library and Learning Commons
15 Lippitt Road, Kingston, RI 02881
Robert L. Carothers Library and Learning Commons | Map and Directions | Visit Website
Dr. David M. Dooley became the 11th president of the University of Rhode Island in July 2009.
Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs
Dr. Donald H. DeHayes came to the University in December 2007.
Vice President for Research & Economic Development
Dr. Gerald Sonnenfeld joined the University of Rhode Island in August 2013.
Vice President for Administration and Finance
Christina Valentino serves at the University's chief financial and business officer for matters relating to successful operation of the institution.
Vice President for Student Affairs
Dr. Thomas R. Dougan was appointed vice president for student affairs in October 2001 following 17 years of leadership in student life at URI.
Associate Vice President for Community, Equity and Diversity
Naomi R. Thompson oversees the Office of Community, Equity and Diversity, serves as a member of the president's executive team.
Updating Your Directory Information
- “Directory" refers to the online directory (accessed via the web at directory.uri.edu ).
- Using Directory search, you will find your official URI email address. This is the official email address used by all URI systems.
To update directory information:
- Sign into your e-Campus account using your e-Campus user id and password.
- Click on: Self Service -> URI Directory Profile
This page allows you to update your:
- Home Telephone
- Preferred Name (as you want your name displayed in the directory)
- Campus phone and fax number
- Email address and web page address
Campus addresses can only be changed by Human Resources via USP-5.
Changes made will be reflected in the online directory the following business day.
Some information can only be updated by the Office of Human Resources. If you want to change information but you are not able to in e-Campus, please contact Human Resources at extension 874-2416.
Home Address and Telephone
- No employee’s home address or telephone number is automatically displayed in the online or paper directory.
- Employees have the option of displaying their home address and/or telephone number in the University’s online and paper directories.
- If you want your home address and/or telephone number displayed in the University’s directories, you must authorize the University to publish this information.
- To do this, click either or both checkboxes that say “Allow Home address to be included in all URI Directories” and/or “Allow Home phone to be included in all URI Directories”.
- Your home address and/or telephone (depending upon what you released) will be displayed online the following business day.
Questions or problems, call the e-Campus Help Desk at (401) 874-9352.
- For corrections to your department or title, submit an Employee Action Form to the Office of Human Resources.
- For corrections to your home address, submit a USP-5 Form to the Office of Human Resources, If you do not want your home address to appear in the directory, check off suppress home address.
Suppressing Your Directory InformationUnder the regulations defined by the Federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (known as FERPA), students must explicitly tell the University to NOT publish their name, address, and phone number in the online and paper directories.
The online phone and paper directories only show students who are currently enrolled in a class.
To suppress directory information, you must do this through e-Campus as follows:
- Log into e-Campus: Click on: SA Self Service Student Center > Personal Information > Other personal (click on pull down menu select)> Privacy Settings (click the go circle) > FERPA Restrictions screen will appear > Click on “EDIT FERPA/Directory Restrictions”
- This is the page that lists all the items you can elect to allow or not allow the University to release.
PLEASE NOTE – If you choose to not allow the University to release your degree, Honors/Awards, or Name, your name, degree, and honors will not be released to newspapers or other publications which print the University’s graduates or Dean’s Lists.
Carefully view the list and select which items you want to restrict.
When completed, click the "SAVE" button at the lower left corner of the page (scroll down the page to get to the button).
You may change your FERPA restrictions at any time.
The restrictions will take affect the next business day.